Coronary Sinus Reducer Implantation for the Treatment of Chronic Refractory Angina.
A single Center Experience.
JACC VOL.11,n.8, 2018.
Giannini F. Baldetti L., Ponticelli F., Ruparelia N.,Mitomo S.,Latib A.,Montorfano M.,Jabbour R.J.,Aurelio A.,Ferri L.,Mangeri A.,Regazzoli D.,Ancona M.,Pagnesi M.,Faccini A,Chieffo A., Azzalini L.,Carlino M.,Colombo
(San Raffaele Hospital, Milan)
- 50 patients treated with the Reducer system between march 2015 and august 2016
- Follow-up at 4 and 12 months
- 100% procedural success, no device-related adverse effects during the procedure or at follow-up.
- 40 patients (80%) had at least 1 reduction in Canadian Cardiovascular Society class, 20 pazienti (40%) had at least 2 class reduction at 4 months follow-up.
- All Seattle Angina Questionnaire items improved significantly.
- A significant increment in 6-min walk distance test to 388.6 ± 119.7 m vs. 287.0 ± 138.9 m (p = 0.004)
- 16 patients (32%) and 3 patients (6%) demostrated reduction of at least 1 or 2 antianginal drugs respectively.